Books on Energy, Engineering, and Feminism
- Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Perez — An essential read for absolutely everyone. Perez reveals how gender bias is woven into all of our systems, infrastructure, and technology.
- Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers who Changed the World by Rachel Ignotofsky — Great for children and young adults!
Currently reading: Short Circuiting Policy: Interest Groups and the Battle Over Clean Energy and Climate Policy in the American States by Leah Cardamore Stokes
Favorite Energy & Climate Podcasts
- The Interchange by Greentech Media — Very tech, market, and business-focused.
- The Energy Gang by Greentech Media — Weekly discussions/debates on the latest trends in energy, clean tech, renewables, and climate. Covers business and politics.
- Hot Take by Mary Annaïse Heglar & Amy Westervelt — A podcast about how climate is talked about and covered in the media
- Drilled by Amy Westervelt — A compelling show in the true crime format exposing the purposeful misinformation campaign to spur climate denial.
More of The Energy Girl
- “How to Modernize the Grid to Accommodate the Integration of Renewable Energy and Enable the Decarbonization of Society” by Audrey Wang Gosselin and Gary Rackliffe — Read on Page 11 of the NEMA electroindustry magazine
- Guest on the Power Pulse Podcast:
Episode: “Harnessing renewable power with energy storage solutions”
Episode: “Emerging talent in Power: Audrey Wang Gosselin”
- “Navigating Contemporary Woman-in-engineering-hood” on Alltogether, the blog of the Society of Women Engineers https://alltogether.swe.org/2020/05/navigating-contemporary-woman-in-engineering-hood/